Arrowhead 2009 Results
The 2009 event took place Monday, February 2-4, 2009 on a staggered start at 7am Monday on the Arrowhead Trail near International Falls, MN USA. There were gear checks and pre-race meeting the Saturday and Sunday before.
Temps at the start were about -5F degrees and at night dropped to -34Fdegrees in Tower and probably 5 degrees colder on the trail.
Of 59 starters, 24 finished the Arrowhead in under 60 hours and 1 was disqualified for getting lost and taking a car ride back to the trail.
- 26 bikers started, 15 finished.
- 26 on foot, 8 finished
- 7 skiers, 1 finished.
- First biker, first overall- Terry Brannick, RI Started at 8:30 am Mon. and finished at 5:30am Tues. in 21 hours.
- Charlie Farrow, 2nd bike, 2nd overall, Duluth, MN started at 7:32am and finished together with Brannick at 5:30am Tues. in 21h 58 min.
- First foot, Eric Johnson, Ogden UT, 13th overall, left at 7:13am and finished at 6:08am Wed. in 46h 55min.
- First skier, Jeremy Kershaw, left at 7:40am and arrived at 3:14pm Wed. for 21st overall in 55h 34 min.
- Youngest Finisher- Luke Finney, Us Naval Academy, age 20, left at 7:14 and finished 12:41pm Wed. for 4th foot and 19th overall in 53h 27 min.
- Last Lone Wolf award to Melgeorges checkpoint at 11:50am Tues., Jason Giddings, biker, eventually dropped on trail.
- Last finisher, Tim Roe, started Monday on foot at 7:24 am and completed the Arrowhead at 6:08pm Wed. in 58h 44 min.